MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
Africa Oil & Power’s top priority remains to keep our people, partners, and clients safe. Therefore, the dates of our scheduled events are subject to change as we monitor the global progress of COVID-19. Please check our website for updates and for your safety, click here to read our COVID-19 Event Guidelines.
Africa Oil & Power is proud to announce that, under the auspices of H.E. President Macky Sall and in partnership with the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, COS Petrogaz, Petrosen and various US and Canadian energy industry associations, it will organize the first MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021 conference and exhibition. The event covers the entire region from Mauritania to Guinea, and also invites other important players in the region such as Algeria, Morocco and Côte d’Ivoire to hold talks with investor delegations from the United States, Australia, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Date: 26-27 October 2021
- Venue: Dakar, Senegal
To exhibit or sponsor, contact email@example.com
MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021 is the sole event in Senegal with full government support that opens up national and regional opportunities across the scope of the energy transition. The 2021 program will unite leaders and projects representing the full spectrum of energy activities, from oil and gas exploration to renewable energy developments, local goods and service provision, infrastructure, finance and power production and distribution. The organizer will work with all actors in the MSGBC region and international delegations in oil, gas and power sectors, from government officials to private sector players, to define opportunities and help new and existing investors find success in the market.
Senegal has succeeded in fast-tracking its oil and gas developments, despite recent uncertainty caused by COVID-19, and has attracted investment in wind and solar, establishing itself as West Africa’s leader in the energy transition. The government of Senegal is keen to expand this narrative to encompass neighboring countries, with the goal of generating cross-border business and collaboration and improving quality of life for potentially hundreds of millions of people.
- Morocco and Algeria are pushing for strong diversification of their energy matrices, betting on several multi-million-dollar solar developments to complement gas-based power generation and ongoing hydrocarbons development.
- Senegal’s onshore gas project operated by Fortesa for the past 18 years has opened the way for similar onshore gas utilization projects across West Africa and local content empowerment.
- Niger’s pipeline connection to Benin will open new synergies in the Sahelian energy landscape and allow for Niger’s oil to reach global markets.
- Targeting 43 percent of renewables in its energy matrix 2030, Côte d’Ivoire offers extensive opportunities for investment, particularly in hydropower.
- Guinea has implemented a strong hydrocarbons policy as well as an attractive legal framework to entice new entrants, while it has sought to acquire new data for its acreage.
- The entry of BP and Kosmos Energy in Gambia’s block A1 in 2019 marked the beginning of a new era of exploration for the country.
- BP’s Tortue Ahmeyim LNG project off the coast of Mauritania and Senegal will kickstart a natural gas-based economic revolution.
KeynotesBecome a speaker
Africa Oil & Power partners with leading industry and business publications and media groups, so that the stories of our sponsors, speakers and delegates reach a global audience.
- To complete your registration online and pay via credit card, click here.
- To complete your registration offline and pay via wire transfer, email us.
Terms and Conditions
A special rate is applied to MSGBC companies subject to approval by event organizers. MSGBC Company Pass applies to companies registered in MSGBC countries and excludes subsidiaries of international companies.
Africa Oil & Power reserves the rights to charge full amount for the wrong registrant type booking.
Gala dinner tickets are supplementary to delegate passes and cannot be purchased as standalone tickets.
Final registration confirmations are subject to approval by event organizers.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org