DRC Energy & Infrastructure Investment Summit 2021
Africa Oil & Power (AOP) – in partnership with the African Energy Chamber – is launching the Democratic Republic of Congo’s first-ever DRC Energy & Infrastructure Investment Summit. With unrealized potential across all areas of the economy, the DRC’s development requires massive investment. AOP welcomes American, Chinese, European and African energy, mining, construction and power companies to the country.
Date: 21-22 September 2021
Venue: Kinshasa, the Democratic Republic of Congo
In producing the DRC Energy & Infrastructure Investment Summit, AOP is committed to bringing FDI to the DRC and to facilitating the plans of the new administration, in place since 2019, as well as actors such as the African Development Bank, the World Bank and others, in raising access to electricity, capacity building and creating jobs. AOP invites cross-sector collaboration between logistics, power, oil and gas, mining, engineering and construction firms to bring new solutions and enable growth in the DRC.
The African Energy Chamber is a strategic launch partner and AOP will draw on its network in China, the US and the Americas, Europe and across Africa, including South Africa, to promote investment in oil and gas, power, mining and infrastructure.
- Local content and creation of opportunities.
- Market entry and doing business in the DRC.
- The oil and gas landscape and assessment of potential.
- The mining landscape and existing activities.
- The infrastructure gap and investing in impactful and profitable projects.
- DRC’s power sector and African interconnections in power and logistics.
- Global trends in natural resources and infrastructure and DRC’s position