Eni to further explore Cote d’Ivoire waters

Supermajor exploration and production firm Eni S.p.A announced on Tuesday that
it has been granted two new exploration blocks in the eastern part of Ivory Coast’s offshore basin, located in the Gulf of Guinea.

Eni will be the sole operator on the two blocks, holding a 90 percent stake in each while the national oil company, Petroci, owns the remaining 10 percent. Eni and Petroci operate on an identical scheme on adjacent block CI-205.

The two adjacent blocks are located southwest of Abidjan, the capital city, and are comprised in a group of 20 blocks which was released by the Ivorian government last year.

“Due to their geological continuity, the blocks will be studied in synergy, utilizing Eni’s proprietary technologies, with cost-optimization and facilitating time-to-market in the event of a petroleum discovery and commercial development,” the company said.

Block CI-501: 512km2 block approximately 80km southwest of Abidjan, at a water depth between 100 and 2,400m.

Block CI-504: 399km2 block, located 60km southwest of Abidjan, in depths between 1,000 and 2,350m.

Eni stated that the company now holds five deepwater blocks offshore Ivory Coast and operates four of them through its subsidiary, Eni Cote d’Ivoire. The company entered the market in 2015 by acquiring a 30 percent stake in the block CI-100.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Latest Posts

Subscribe For Updates

Sign up for latest news and event info

Copyright © 2021 Africa Oil & Power. Privacy Policy · Terms of Use