Africa Oil & Power Launches First Angola Oil & Power Conference in 2019
- Angola Oil & Power, to be held June 3-7, 2019, in Luanda, is the official national conference for Angola’s oil, gas and power industries.
- The event is fully endorsed by the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum of Angola.
- Will present the country as leading investment destination for energy mega-projects, and as a global focal point for advances in deep-water and pre-salt exploration.
Cape Town- Africa Oil & Power is proud to announce that it will organize the first Angola Oil & Power 2019 conference, to be hosted June 3-7, 2019 in Luanda. Officially endorsed by the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum of the Republic of Angola, the conference will be the elite energy event for one of Africa’s premier oil and gas markets. The conference will gather key governmental officials and C-level executives spanning the spectrum of the energy industry for a week of keynote presentations, moderated panel discussions, exhibitions, networking gatherings and investment facilitation. The event will put a premium on deal-making and relationship brokering as Angola aims to attract investment in all segments of the energy chain.
“Angola Oil & Power 2019 will be the premier gathering for the country’s oil, gas, power and finance sectors,” said Guillaume Doane, CEO of Africa Oil & Power. “With world-class offshore oil and gas reserves and exploration potential, the country is one Africa’s leading markets. We are thrilled to be hosting the country’s first full energy conference in years.”
With a daily production of 1.6 million barrels of oil per day, Angola is the second largest oil producer in the African continent and a full member of OPEC since 2007. Under the new political leadership of H.E. João Manuel Gonçalves Lourenço, President of the Republic of Angola, and with oil prices stabilizing, Angola’s oil and gas industry, based mostly on its proven deep-offshore basin, becomes once again a highly attractive investment destination. Some potential discussion themes at the conference will include:
- The investment climate in Angola under the new leadership of President Lourenço and the Minister of Mineral Resources and Petroleum, H.E. Diamantino Pedro Azevedo.
- The role of the new National Oil and Gas Agency and the privatization of some Sonangol subsidiaries.
- Acquisition of new licenses and continued exploration and development of the offshore basins.
- The strategies and challenges for reversing oil production declines and the potential for onshore developments.
- The role of LNG and Gas-to-Power projects in the future of the country and the challenges for the development of green and brown-field downstream projects like the Cabinda and Lobito refineries and the expansion of the Luanda refinery.
- The advances made in terms of local content legislation, practices and enforcement, and many more.
Africa Oil & Power is the continent’s premier platform for energy investment and policy, and it will assist Angola in presenting the country as the foremost African investment destination for energy mega-projects, and as a global focal point for advances in deep-water and pre-salt exploration, production technology and local content. Angola Oil & Power 2019 will allow participants to engage with ministers, chief executives and policy-makers in Angola and the global energy industry via networking functions and panel discussions, and facilitate meetings and deal-making activity. It will also provide a premier platform for the Government of Angola, the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum, the National Oil and Gas Agency (ANPG) and Sonangol to promote projects and initiatives, attract investment and communicate with energy leaders globally.
Sergio Pugliese, Africa Oil & Power’s Angola Representative, said: “This is a unique opportunity to welcome investors to Angola and highlight the positive strides made in recent months to strengthen the oil, gas and power sectors. The new administration of H.E. President João Lourenço is fully committed to attracting investment in Angola and diversifying the economy.”
Angola Oil & Power 2019 will join the series of country-specific and industry wide conferences organized by AOP throughout the continent like South Sudan Oil & Power 2018 to be held on November 21-22th, 2018 in Juba, South Sudan; APPO Cape VII Ministerial Meeting to be held March 18-22, 2019 in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea; the second AOP Investor Forum on June 11-12 in London; Africa Oil & Power 2019 to be held in Cape Town in October 2019; and the 5th GECF Gas Summit to be held also in Malabo in November 2019.
Ms. Aydanur Akkurt: email@example.com
Ms. Aziza Albou: firstname.lastname@example.org – + 1 646 377 2178